Monday, September 16, 2019

 

Missing my sister- 9/26/19

   Been a rough 2 weeks.  First it was  nephew  Anthony on my husband`s side of the family. Spent a few days at the Hospital with him and  later with his son at the Funeral, then helping his son trying to handle things at his Dad`s home. Then one of  my younger sister`s- Ginny (Virginia)- was in the Hospital  and we were told there was nothing more they could do for her and she only had a few days. I spent every day visiting her until yesterday. I was holding her hand and she was talking to me when I think she had another heart attack and I knew she was gone. Happened so fast while she was still talking to me. We were always very close. Every time over the last few days if I was where she couldn`t see me and other`s were with her, I would here her asking - Where is Dot, and I would tell her -I am right here with you.  She was 86, 2 tears younger than I am. She has had real bad emphazema for years and been on oxygen.  I have worried about her for years. I am glad her daughter and a son were there with us when it happened.

     In a better thought, I still have a lot of vegetables to take care of  in my walk around garden ( using earth boxes which sit up on  standards I made so I can still have a garden without bending to the ground).  And even though my arthritic messed up hands make it impossible to still crochet, knit or do anything where I have to hold small items. I can still work in my wood shop.  This summer my son Roger and his wife   helped me replace the insulation in the wall which connects the shop with the garage so  I can again heat the shop in the winter. Squirrels had gotten in my garage and chewed it all out a couple years ago. Son Ron had closed up the garage eaves before his bad fall accident to keep the squirrels from getting in the garage any more.  But I was laid up all that summer  and couldn`t do anything. Now that I am able to work in the shop again we got the insulation put back in the wall so I can heat it all winter.  Love making things in my shop.

 I try to stay active as much as possible.

   

 

Comments:
Hugs to you. I hope you are doing ok.

 
I am sorry for your loss Dot.
It has been a while since i have been here.
Times are rough.
I have buried 24 family members and close friends in the last 2 years leaving a gapping hole in ones soul.
On the bright side my parents who are in their 90s are still chugging along with alot of help from the rest of us but still working around the house and garden.
I hope you are taking good care of yourself.
 
Hi Dot - I didn't realize you had made a post until I was at Walker's site. I'm so sorry about your sister; losing a sibling, as you know, is like losing a first best friend.

I hope you've found some peace even though these days with that dastardly virus, it's difficult. I can see on FB though that you're still doing wonders. Don't know how you do it, but glad you can.

xoxo
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?