Monday, November 14, 2016

 

Wet, heavy snow broke down tree-Oct. 28th, 2016

November 14, 2016.- wet snow broke down tree on October 28th.
   Haven`t  accomplished much today, but did manage to turn over the compost bins, hoping to make more good soil for the flower beds next spring.  Seems like each year the raked up leaf pile grows much larger.  Think I should have bought some  town trash bags and bagged some of them for the town to pick up.  Maybe next year. But, should have a lot less leaves to rake next year since the heavy wet snow  over a week ago broke down parts off the tree behind my wood shop. Glad we have only had this one snow storm so far this year. Part of the tree landed between my sitting area and wood shop, while part of the tree landed out behind the shop. Left that tall tree with two very week sections so the whole tree needed to be cut down. One  son used his chain saw to cut down the tree while another son,  his wife, and their son were pulling on the rope guiding the tree to the only safe open space for it to land. They did a great job guiding it.  One son cut the tree up and they all helped pull the branches and logs out near the road for the town to pick up. Before the town went through a neighbor asked if he could bring over his chain saw and cut any pieces large enough for him to burn for heat. Of course I said he could take all he could use.  The wet snow had toppled trees all over town so they decided to make a special run cleaning them up. At first they told us we had to keep the brush and cut up trees on our property till next spring, but with so many complaints they changed their mind. Glad they did.  On top of house repairs, my hot water tank decided to give out. Son with a truck picked up my new tank and also unhooked the old tank and hooked up the new one for me. As I have said before, I do have great helpers.  Reminded me of that old saying- It never rains but it pours.  Hot water tank gave out while they were still working on the house. House finished and the very next day we had the wet heavy snow storm bringing down the tree while I was sleeping. God was good since all the tree sections  landed between places where it could have caused lots of damage.



. First is the branches between the sitting area and the wood shop. 2nd is branches from a neighbors tree that landed by the wood fence in my backyard. 3rd is more from my tree landing in my back year and 4th is the tall remaining part of the tree to be cut down with the branches from the 1st tree in front of it. I had turned this picture before posting it, but here it is posting sideways again. That skinny tall tree off to the left is what was showing  lots  higher than the roof of the wood shop.  that tree was useful keeping the hot afternoon sun in the summer from heating up the shop as much.  I thought there was only the fallen tree section by the shop till the next day I decided to walk into my shop and check to see if the windows hidden by the branches were ok. Not broken, but then I saw the back yard through the larger window in the back of my shop. Saw all the tree branches in the back yard and let my son know there was even more cutting to be done when he came down. Town picked up everything a couple days ago. Yard now looking much better.

Comments:
Hey Dot I didn't know if you were still blogging and found yours and walkers today

You've sure been through a lot but still with a great attitude

I hope you have a blessed and Merry Christmas.

Xoxo
 
Hey Dot I didn't know if you were still blogging and found yours and walkers today

You've sure been through a lot but still with a great attitude

I hope you have a blessed and Merry Christmas.

Xoxo
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?