Sunday, April 10, 2011


Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Had today all planned before going to sleep last night. Decided to cut out the two shelfs for the smaller kitchen cupboard. Getting to hard to see and get things from the very back. I use this cupboard for things like cereal, spaghetti, macaroni, crackers and other boxed grocery items. So, decided to make a slide out bottom
shelf to bring everything out in sight , so easier to find what I was looking for. Also decided to make an adjustable shelf for turning the cupboard into a two shelf cupboard. Went to the shop and did the first cut. Then when started to do more cutting, suddenly the table saw motor started smoking and there was a screeching sound from the saw. I stopped and hooked up the vaccumn and cleaned as much sawdust off and out from under the saw as was possible. I do this often. Still the smoking continued. Unhooked the saw and disconnected the saw and case from the standard. A granddaughter and her little daughter stopped to visit and she helped me remove the last of the 4 bolts that held the saw case to the standard . It was giving me a hard time. Then I tried blowing the sawdust from the motor, but didn`t do as well a job as I wanted. So, next will be to remove the motor itself to clean it better. Checked table saw book, shows motor parts, but not how to remove it from the table saw framework. Looks like a lot of places that will need undone to remove it. Wish the book had a better description.

While thinking about it, I noticed it started getting too warm in the shop with the heater on. I had been wishing for a warm enough day to wash the car and even though it was only in the 50`s, no wind, sun shining, no storms, so felt warmer than it actually was. So, I decided to let the saw wait for another day and get the car washed and shined. I am finally satisfied with how nice my car looks. My Aveo is a 2009 model, but I bought it in Sept. 2008, so will be 3 years in September that I have owned it and doing my best to keep it looking like new. Took me years of saving to afford it, but was worth waiting for. I love it and the way the bank seat, or just half the back seat can be dropped to make the hatchback trunk long enough for me to carry boards and other larger things for working in my shop. It replaced my over 10 year old hatchback car that was starting to rust just from age.

By the time that was done, I felt too tired to go back to the shop. So, I went on the computer to write in my blog. Had this about half written when the same granddaughter and little great granddaughter stopped to visit again. I do enjoy their visits.They have now gone back to her Mother`s home ( my daughter Theresa) next door. At one time Walt and I had bought that house to keep any more unkind people ( like the ones who had lived there) from ever living there again. We had rented it to many nice people over
the years and then we rented it to this daughter and her family. After losing Walt, I turned the house over into her name. I had previously told Walt that I felt that house should be left to her since she probably could have boughten her own home with the
years of rent money she had paid to us. I also told him that she had been handling all the repairs the last few years which helped us. He finally gave in and we origionally had left her the house
in our wills. But, a few years ago I turned it completely into her name. Never told anyone my real reason for wanting to leave her the house- it was to be sure one of the family was living next door to look out for Walt if something happened to me and he was left to care for himself. I wanted to be sure he ate right and took care of himself. Then it was him who suddenly started having medical problems and it was me who ended up alone. Still helps having her and her husband living there when something comes up that I need
help with. I can phone any of my children and they will come and help me. I feel soo lucky to have such great kids. Of course I should be saying great adults, most are grandparents today.

Seems like we often make plans for what we wish to accomplish the next day, some times we get them all done, but, like today, sometimes we end up changing the plans and still end up with a feeling of accomplishment- just a different accomplishment. Life
is great , I feel, as long as I can continue accomplishing the projects that can make my life or the life of others a little easier. I often find myself silently saying to myself
"Thank you God" when I have been able to do what I set out to do, or even when I find something I was hunting for. This is one trait my family probably never realized. They know I am a believer the way I used to get them ready for Sunday School when they were kids. Later the Church built a new Church farther away from where I live.Must admit that today I watch my Church`s Sunday sermon on the TV.. I believe it isn`t as important where you go to pray, as what you believe.

Dot, a big virtual hug to you! Glad you could accomplish what you set out to do.
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?