Tuesday, June 05, 2007


My Daughter`s Wedding on June 2nd, 2007

What a Beautiful Day -- March 2nd, 2007
1PM- Wedding ceremony
1:30 to 2:30-Cocktail Hour
2:30 to 7:30- Reception

Saturday was my daughter Theresa`s Wedding. It was held at the Beautiful Blue Water Manor over looking Lake George with the mountains showing way off in the background beyond the other side of the Lake. The Wedding ceremony was held outdoor as the weather was great. They had an arch with flowers and the full wedding party went thru the arch and under the edge of a canapy style cover onto a low platform. Chairs were set up in front of the arch. There were real tall glass vases filled with flowers lined up for them to walk between on the way to the front and also where they announced everyone as they entered the reception hall. Her gown was beautiful and the wedding party looked great in their long gowns and tuxes, even the little ones looked so cute in their pretty dresses and Tuxes. Ever see a 2 year old in a Tux carrying the pillow with the rings? He was so cute walking in front of the Bride, and the two 3 year old flower girls in such cute dresses, spreading rose buds from their baskets along the path as they walked along in front of the Ring Bearer. The Jr Bridesmaids walking with the Jr Ushers walked together and separated up front just as neatly as the older ones had in front of them.
The ceremony went off perfectly and when you have 7 kids age 2 (Ring Bearer), 2 Flower Girls-both age 3, 2 Junior Bridemaids -one was age 6 and the other one was younger, 2 Junior Ushers ages 4 and age 10, and then there were 5 Bridesmaids and 5 Ushers walking with them, plus the Maid of Honor and the Best Man. Making a total of 19 people plus the Bride and Groom. So, as you can see, it was a large Wedding.

Her husband was always a person who loved fishing and uses his boat on some fishing tournaments. So, Theresa decided to have a fun joke given to him while he was waiting for her to arrive. She bought this huge oversized crystal goblet, on which she has pasted these words "Gone Fishing" "will be a little late" and it had a water and grass look with a fish hanging from a fish pole on it. Then she had a poem for one friend to read to him when they gave him the goblet. I forget the word in the poem, but the drift of it was she tried to catch him a large fish but this little one was all she caught, etc. I never got a picture of the goblet and wasn`t there when it was given to him, but some who were there said it had everyone laughing for quite a few minutes. While this was going on, Theresa and all the girls and all the kids in the wedding party, plus myself were still riding around in the Limousine that took us from her house to the place of the wedding which was about a 40 minutes drive using the Northway- a65 MPH road - over half the way ( or it would have taken about an hour or so).

At the end of the Lovely Wedding Vows, My Daughter handed her new Husband an open locket holding a couple of pictures of her Father. She told her Husband " I give you this to show that my Father would approve of this wedding." Later, her Husband said that her doing that meant a lot to him. He thought it was so special that she felt that way. He had only known Walt a couple weeks before he passed away. Walt told me he liked him, so I know she was right, he would have approved of this wedding.

After the lovely Marriage ceremony, there was an hour of free cocktails or other drinks ( of course mine was a root beer which was one that came in a brown bottle the size of a beer bottle. So, some were real surprised as they thought it was a beer and all know I don`t drink. One nephew told my youngest son that he better go check on his Mom to be sure she was ok. Guess it had a lot of people wondering till they saw it was just root beer. One of Walt`s nieces husbands asked if he could get me something to drink.
I told him -I wonder if they have root beer and he said he would check. Another nephew told him to get me the beer without the root. This nephew of Walt`s has always kidded that way, so I told him if he did, he just might need to take me home. Of course they all laughed. Later when I carried the same root beer bottle with me into the Adirondack Great Room where the large reception was being held it stirred up more people who thought I was carrying a beer bottle. I never thought a brown "root beer" bottle could cause so many wondering about me. They all knew I was missing Walt not being there with me for our Daughter`s Wedding, but I`m not the type to let it turn me to drinking and embarrasing my family that way.
I still had almost half a bottle full when I walked over to talk to some of my family at a different table. I set it down at their table and we turned to talk to someone else and they cleared off all the empty glasses including my root beer bottle. After we ate, there was a Band playing for dancing. One of my sons went and got me a glass of root beer and we set it at his table and I was asked to dance. While we were all dancing that glass ,with only a little out of it, was also picked up when they were clearing off some tables. When my son heard this, he went to get me another root beer only to find they were out of root beer, so I settled for a Diet Pepsi. My son told me to guard this glass with my life. I told him I was going to set it at the table where one of my grandsons and his gilfriend were sitting so it wouldn`t disappear.

I haven`t danced so much in years. Not since dancing with Walt at our 50th Anniversary Party that our kids threw for us back in 1001- just 7 months before Walt passed away. I sure was tired after all the Dancing. Everyone had a wonderful time. People were constantly telling me how Beautiful Theresa looked, how wonderful the Wedding ceremony was and how much fun they had at the reception. Then later on after the Band quit, some went swimming in the indoor pool and in the jacuzzi ( probably spelled wrong, but I`m just too tired to worry about it tonight), I did try out their warm jacuzzi and it felt good to unwind after a long month of hunting for things for the wedding. Later that evening one son asked me to go with them for supper at the Pot Belly Restaurant , which was about 3 miles from the Blue Water Manor. Had a light snack there and headed back to the cabins. It was late by the time everyone left who wasn`t spending the night and the rest finally decided to call it a night and headed off to their own cabins. By then it was after 11PM and I was ready to crash for the night. Then I had to find who had my C-PAP machine and my son carried that to my cabin. Then I had him go back after the water for the C-PAP as it requires Distilled water which I had sent up with the machine. Then there was nothing to sit my machine on up a ways off the floor, so one son carried a chair from his cabin to mine- 4 cabins down the road from his. I was finally ready to head off to bed.

Theresa and her new husband had their own special Honeymoon cabin. The next morning was fun, trying to figure how to get everyone back home who had gone up in the limo. It was about 1PM the next day when I finally arrived back home. We had relation coming from as far away as the state of Virginia. I`m not sure how many were there, but there sure were many.

There was much for people to do who stayed over as besides the indoor pool, the jucazzi, there were two play parks for the kids, paddle boats for anyone who wanted to use them, a tennis court, pool table, plenty of riding toys and other toys for kids, plus lots more for people to enjoy. A very nice place for a great vacation.

I know I am missing a lot as I am still tired. Tomorrow I will probably remember lots more.

Here it is- now Tuesday. The Honetmooners came home today. She had her wedding bouquet kept in a refrigerator so the flowers wouldn`t die. Today she took her Bouquet down and left it on her Father`s cementary heart shaped stone. I also took down my wooden planter filled with flowering plants . I had made the planter a couple years ago. I also took down a container filled with flowering plants to leave on my Parents grave. On our way home, we stopped and had lunch at a restaurant.
Once back home, I got on my computer to write more here and I just fell asleep. I had started writing this up on Monday, but was too tired to finish it. Think I could still sleep a lot more before i will feel rested up. I will need to stop soon as I can hear the thunderstorm off in the distance, so it should arrive here soon. I will post this much for now.
Such a wonderful time everyone had and such a beautiful Bride she made.

Labels: ,

Oh, I was just asking you to blog about it and lo!
Glad that all of you had a great time!
Dot, where are the pictures? I'm dying to see them.
It sounds like it was a beautiful wedding and everyone had lots of fun.

I think the part with the locket was my favorite part.

I was on MrH's blog and saw you comment.

Next time you go to leave a comment put your URL in yourself http://dotmm.blogspot.com/
and you won't have problem.
I used your homepage on the last comments I left on MrHs post and it works.
It should remember it. :)
Have a nice day
Hi Geets, I dropped the films off today to get them developed. It usually takes a couple days, but the second day landing on a week-end it might take longer. I will post some pictures when I get them back. Hope they come out good.
Thanks for asking.
Thanks Walker. I will try that. But how do I change where it says Homepage to add my URL so it can work on your site? It works ok on any site that doesn`t have the word Homepage.
Thanks a lot for your help. I do appreciate it. You are a great friend.
Your problem is in only in Haloscan comments.
When you leave comments on Blogger your link goes straight to your profile.
In haloscan comments under your name it shows your web page, you can see it on MrHs site or my haloscan comments to. You can change it there.
Hi Walker. I finally figured out how to correct it like you mentioned and left another comment on Mr H`s site and it worked just fine. What would I do without all my wonderful helpers teaching me so much? Thanks again.
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?